By Eileen Schneider
.”…. The 34-page report, which was the culmination of a yearlong investigation, concluded that harassment, hate speech, hate events, and disruptive behavior have taken place on the campus; that the administration has not condemned such actions; and that most Jewish organizations have been ineffective in dealing with anti-Semitism at UCI.
Some of the task force recommendations included:
1) The chancellor should publicly denounce hate speech.
2) The university should take responsibility for making itself a hospitable environment.
3) Community leaders should hold the university responsible for its actions.
4) The university should enforce its rules and regulations uniformly and fairly.
5) Community leaders should meet periodically with the university administration.
6) Jewish students should have an orientation that informs them of support structures and procedures to follow when confronted with anti-Semitic and anti-Israel behavior on campus…”
Read the full editiorial here:
Filed under: News |