An interesting article entitled Just some food for thought was linked today on the OC Task Force Facebook page by the president of UC Irvine Hillel. The article appears on the U C Irvine Hillel Blog . Here is some additional food for thought:
- The article stands in stark contradiction to a previous article written in 2009 by the same author describing Vicious Jew-Hatred at UC Irvine.
- In an article published in the May 2009 Jewish Journal entitled Protecting Hate at UC Irvine a former UC Irvine student wrote: ” I have been told to censor myself so that potential students are not afraid to come to UCI, but I have had enough censorship”.
- In March 2008, 20 “current and former” students issued a Press Release expressing deep concern about the anti-Semitism at UC Irvine and Hillels “response” to it. That story was covered in JTA and the Jerusalem Post”.
- In January 2009 an email sent to the Jewish community by the former president of Anteaters for Israel described U C Irvine as a ” a hotbed for anti-Israel and anti-Semitic activism over the past seven years”.
- In March 2010, Jewish student leaders appeared before the UCI student council describing the situation on campus and asked “when will the student government stand up for me?”
- May 2010 over 63 UC Irvine faculty members issued a public statement saying in part: “Some community members, students, and faculty indeed feel intimidated, and at times even unsafe.”
- On February 12, 2008, the Orange County Independent Task Force on anti-Semitism completed its year-long investigation at UCI. Over 80 hours of interviews, as well as, documents, written complaints and numerous visits to the campus were used in the compilation of the subsequent Report and Recommendations. The complete 34 page report can be found here . The Task Force has continued to monitor and report on events on the UC Irvine campus.
Note: to read the articles click on the underlined phrases above.